• It’s dry, don’t forget to water your trees and shrubs in addition to your lawn.
• Plan a preventative treatment for valuable ash trees against Emerald Ash Borer.
• Treat for grubs (Japanese beetles) and chinch bugs.
• Mow lawn 3″ high, avoid mowing when it is above 90°, and leave clippings.
• Consider lightning protection for valuable trees.
• Cable and brace trees to minimize storm damage.
• Schedule hedge trimming.
• Fertilize your containers and garden beds.
• Look for chinch bugs and cut worms in a brown lawn.
• Add compost or mulch to gardens to retain moisture.
• Keep up with garden weeding.
• Cut back Japanese knotweed and plan for a fall eradication program.
• Add mulch rings to trees to improve soil conditions and prevent trimmer damage.
For more summer lawn-care tips visit http://www.mrgrassblog.net/category/tips/